Shake Comparison- Not all proteins are created equal, and not all proteins are even good for you. So what sets my nutritional program apart from the rest, you ask?
1. Shakeology: Processed Whey Protein (Isolate), Contains Suma Root which contains Ecdysterone (a banned substance for athletes)...... Also an Intestional Irritant.
2. Herbalife: Soy Protein (Isolate) it is a row crop, not organic! Protein is acid washed with heat, (Denatured) to help make it less toxic, and only 9 grams of protein.(Also the cheapest of all the shakes to make)
3. Advocare: 1st ingredient is Maltodextrin, (it is a man made sugar that is chemically derived from starch and is used in a number of different foods and sweeteners. Side effects can include anything from, chest pain, heart palpitations, high cholesterol, hypoglycemia, or excess fat if the calories from the sugar is not burned off).Soy Protein and Fructose are the next 2 ingredients! Also has GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms)......
4. Body By Vi: Soy Protein, a row crop product and loaded with toxins, GMO"s and sweetened with Sucralose, (The majority of ingested sucralose is not broken down by the body and shown to reduce the amount of GOOD bacteria in the intestines by as much as 50%.Maltodextrin derived from GMO starch, whey protein isolatesOnly 10 Grams of poor Protein, not a meal replacement and in addition is has to be mixed with milk.
5. Slim Fast – GMO, maltodextrin, refined sugar, antibiotics, rBGH, carrageenan
6. Ensure – GMO, soy protein, maltodextrin, refined sugar, artificial colors, carrageenan
7. It Works – GMO, soy protein, maltodextrine, whey protein isolates, antibiotics, rBGH
8. Atkins – GMO, refined sugar, antibiotics, rBGH, artificial colors, carrageenan
9. Special K – GMO, soy protein, maltodextrin, refined sugar, antibiotics, rBGH, artificial colors, carrageenan
10. Isogen – GMO, maltodextrin, refined sugar, whey protein isolate, antibiotics, rBGH, artificial colors
11. Pure Protein – GMO, refined sugar, whey protein isolate, antibiotics, rBGH, artificialcoloring, carrageenan
12. Muscle Milk – GMO, maltodextrin, refined sugar, whey protein isolate, heavy metals (arsenic and lead), antibiotics, rBGH, artificial coloring, carrageenan
13. Youngevity Slender FX -only 105 calories so not a meal replacement, use soy and whey proteins, no source given for whey, so probably low grade from U.S., low carbs, Sweetened with Steviol (stevia)
14. The Shaklee 180 Energizing Smoothies- Their protein blend contains soy protein concentrate and soy protein isolate. Rules them out immediately. It's not a true meal replacement by itself. They suggest mixing it with milk to bring calories up for replacing meals. Cost is $2.72 per serving yielding 16g of protein.
15. The Physique Shake- Their protein blend contains Milk and Whey protein isolate, both of which are denatured. Rules them out yet again. It's a protein supplement, not meal replacement. Cost is $2.22 per serving yielding 14g of protein.
16. Syntrax Nectar Protein: only 100 calories so it can't be a meal replacementcontains soy protein along with whey proteincontains Sucralose is an artificial sweetenercontains Hydrolyzed wheat which is really just another way of saying MSG
17. Arbonne shakes are to low in calories (160) and very low in nutrition, most only having 15% of the RDA (a few as high as 20%). Very high in sodium at 480 mg.
18. MonaVie - contains soy, very expensive, only 9gr of protein, not enough calories for a "meal replacement" so they suggest you add milk to it, making it even more expensive, Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Hydrolysate NOT Hormone Free Whey, (whey concentrate is BEST) Whey source not given and since it contains hormones at best it is probably a grade 2 or 3 whey protein. Contains Artificial Sweeteners and/or Flavors.
Think about what you put in your body! If it is not all natural, 100% chemical free and contains no artificial anything. You should not be putting it into your body!
Now let's compare this to the nutritional cleansing shake I'm using ....
�Undenatured Whey Protein
�No unnatural products.
�Complete nutrition for a meal replacement.
�24 - 36g of protein
�Has all 90 Building Blocks your Body needs
�7 active enzymes for easy digestion
�242 Nutrients and ALL ORGANIC!
�NO GMO MALTODEXTRIN (tapioca organic)
�Full macro nutrient meal
Know what's in your food so you can make the best choices about what you put into your body!